Friday 11 March 2016

Adaptation B: Re-Design - Miss Havisham

 

In today's tutorial with Alan, I got some more help, which I really should have asked for earlier. It's been much harder than I thought to get buildings designs from the research/exercises, that I've done so far. In the tutorial, Alan did a few quick sketches on Photoshop as to how a Scrooge and Miss Havisham should be based on/designed. As I have said in a previous post, the idea of Miss Havisham's building being based on a wedding cake is something that Alan recommended.

For this re-design, I have tried to avoid simply basing the design of the building around only original drawing. By looking at wedding cakes online and thinking about Miss Havisham's presonna, this is the design I have come to. Perhaps, it isn't very clear that it's a wedding cake and to others it wouldn't be clear that this is Miss Havisham. That is obviously something I'll continue to look at.

 
Below is an image showing both the initial design and this re-design, so that I/you can compare the two, and see what works well and what doesn't:

No comments:

Post a Comment