Tuesday 23 February 2016

Adaptation B: Chosen Characters

As I have said in a previous post, I want 6 characters in the animation, and I want them to be varied in what they'd look like , as a building, and what they're personalities are like. I, also, didn't want to have more than 2 characters from one story. By looking at the characters I came up with in more detail, as well as doing some more research into alternative characters these are the 6 characters I have chosen:
  • Oliver Twist - Oliver Twist (1837)
  • Fagin - Oliver Twist (1837)
  • Ebenezer Scrooge - A Christmas Carol (1843)
  • Mrs Gamp - Martin Chuzzlewit (1844)
  • Uriah Heep - David Copperfield (1850)
  • Miss Havisham - The Great Expectations (1861) 
I think Fagin and Uriah Heep may be a bit similar, but I think that could lead to them being a couple of tricksters, who could be next to each other. Apart from that, I think there's a good mix in there. Mrs Gamp could act as a friendly guardian for Oliver, while the ghostly figure of Miss Havisham "haunts" Scrooge. The challene here is to make these relationships connect together into one animation.

Based on Alan's advice of firstly drawing the characters in human form in a certain pose, before going straight into the building designs, I have been trying to make them all different, but maintaining a constant style, similar to the one in my initial sketches post. This is proving to be quite a challenge and so is taking me much longer than it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment