Saturday 9 January 2016

Adaptation A: Crit Feedback


Going into yesterday's feedback I thought that "A Beginner's guide to Cookery" was my favourte idea, but upon telling everyone my idea and getting the feedback, I realised it wasn't plausible. It was agreed that "A Beginner's guide to Failure" was the best of the 10 final ideas.

Once the crit finished, I was thinking about ways as to how I could make it quite funny and entertaining to watch. My initial idea is to have it where it actually encourages you to fail and acts as if that's the right thing to do. I thought of possible pieces of dialogue, such as: "Are you tired of success? You, are? Good!" and " You learn more from failing than you do from success, so what's the point in succeeding?". This will make infographic very strange and unusual, which would lead to the humor.

I have done some bits of research on the internet, and have looked at things that are recommended if you want to succeed. I could, as a result, reverse these suggestions so that they fit into the guide to failure. The reversed steps are below:

1. Don't have a Plan B.

2. Keep doing the same thing.

3. If at first you don't succeed, give up.

4. Be/Appear sloppy.

5. Don't search for assistance.

6. Don't respond/listen to feedback.

There are many more, but these are simple and basic things that could be referred to in the guide. The challenge, with this, however, is to avoid it from sounding like step after step and not like a guide.


No comments:

Post a Comment