Sunday 19 October 2014

Concept Artist - Who's Who?


As I previously said in my "Influences from Games - Influence Map", I thought I'd research Jan Urschel. I wanted to look into Jan Urschel because he has done concept art for major video game copanies and his work for "Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag" can be used as inspiration as his work includes drawings of ships and oceans it links to my chosen city, Despina. As you can see, I haven't done much research and have only noted down a few quick points about him. The picture below is a quick 10 minute drawing I did in my journal of one of his pieces of concept art for "Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag". I quite like this drawing because although it was quick it has a fair amount of detail and tone, and doesn't need to look like it exactly.

I will continue my research into Jan Urschel and will create an influence map of his work. 

I will edit the photos at a later time.


No comments:

Post a Comment