Wednesday 24 September 2014

First Photoshop lesson


Above is my first little play around with photoshop. I tried to use as many of the more detailed/unique types of brushes for this one, so that I can see what effect they can create and how useful they may be. Some of these brushes may be of uses, e.g. the chalk style brush, as it can be used to make interesting textures or create a unique style of tone. Some of these brushes, however, weren't at all good/useful, e.g. the leafs  brush, as it just looks very unrealistic and doesn't look that great. This was my first time using the digital painting tools on photoshop and it was quite fun experimenting with it's tools.
Below is a quick image that I made. I didn't necessarily go into it with any idea and just continued experimented with the brushes. I used the first two brushes, on a solid black background. I firstly used a brush that faded out from the middle, in white, and put it right into the middle. I then decided to see what it would look like if it was covered with a solid circle of black, and it reminded me of an eclipse. I then carried on with that idea and added some clouds, to make it look a bit more realistic. I know it may not look like much to some people, but as this was my first quick picture that I made on photoshop, and using a graphics tablet, I'm actually quite pleased with how it looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment