Monday 29 September 2014

Cities and Desire 2 - Anastasia

These are my first 16 thumbnails of Anastasia. It is quite clear that I used the water/canal aspect of the city for these. I also tried to create a small garden for number 5. From reading my previous post, you'll know how I feel about my drawing skills using a graphics tablet and photoshop, but I won't get into that and will instead mention that I am quite happy with some of the ideas behind them as they have a good concept. I, personally, like the thinking behind number 14 as the buildings floating on the water is quite an unnatural thing and can be worked on a lot more.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan, great set of thumbnails you've got going on here!

    Just wanted to drop by and say don't worry about the graphics tablet aspect of it, everyone gets a little confused and unsure at first but you'll get the hang of it soon enough, the main thing is that you've put your ideas down! Speaking of which, I do enjoy the aspect of number 14, as you said, it's pretty unnatural which makes it interesting. But I also particularly like number 2 here, it's really creating a sense of perspective and gives you an overall feel for the city.

    Good job and keep up the awesome work! ^.^

    ReplyDelete